Certified in lead-safe remodeling

Immediate Emergency Service

888-583-6653 (MOLD)

Service Area

See Tahoe Mold and Water's complete service area Serving Lake Tahoe and the surrounding area ›

Contact Tahoe Mold and Water

Sign up for our eNewsletter

Download Home Inspection Guide

Connect with us:

Improper removal of lead paint can actually increase hazards

Lead-based paint is highly toxic. Lead can lead to serious illness in adults and children, including brain damage, nerve disorders and reproductive problems.

Lead paint abatement involves safely removing or reducing lead paint hazards. It’s important to note that if done improperly, lead paint abatement can increase the danger. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is blunt about the threat: “Removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to your family.”

It’s such a serious threat that a federal law now requires certification in lead removal for certain projects. The law, which took effect in April 2010, stipulates that contractors must be certified and trained to follow specific practices if the renovation project:

  • Disturbs more than 6 square feet of lead paint
  • Involves a home, school or child-care facility built before 1978

Tahoe Mold and Water is a certified lead-safe renovator. We have the tools, the experience and — most importantly — the training and certification to remove lead. We’ll permanently contain, enclose or remove the lead, decontaminate the site and dispose of the paint properly.

Whatever you do, make sure you protect your family. If you have lead, have it removed promptly — by someone who’s certified.

Unhealthy Homes

1 in 4 homes contains lead-based paint

Source: CDC

To learn more about lead or search the EPA’s data base of certified lead-safe renovators, visit our Articles page.

The dangers of lead

The U.S. EPA reports children with high levels of lead in their bodies can suffer from:

  • Damage to the brain and nervous system
  • Behavioral and learning problems
  • Slowed growth & headaches

Adults with high levels of lead can suffer from:

  • Reproductive problems
  • Nerve disorders
  • Memory/concentration problems